When you are trying to be healthy (especially during pregnancy), you may want to minimize the amount of medication you use, which mostly treats your symptoms anyways. At the same time, you want to get better fast! I’ve been there. And I’ve been able to get over my cold or flu quickly and naturally! You can do it too.
Very recently, I was able to stay healthy while my entire household got sick by doing some of these natural remedies.
Here are 20 ways to boost you immune system and win the war against you cold and flu.
- Inforce Immune Builder ($34): This substance has been used in Asia for over 500 years and is said to be “the best immune enhancement substance on the planet.” http://www.amazon.com/inForce-Builder-Support-Coriolus-Versicolor/dp/B004LA6S7Y
- ACF Immune Support ($21): It’s loaded with natural boosting ingredients that are safe to consume during pregnancy. http://www.amazon.com/ACF-Buried-Treasure-16-oz/dp/B002FJY2EY/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415747894&sr=1-1&keywords=acf+immune+support
- Juicing: Juice mostly vegetables, use beets with their leaves to sweeten. If you are brave juice 1/4 onion and 3 garlic cloves for antibacterial function.
- Vitamin C bath tablets by Vitashower ($25): Dissolve in warm bath water to remove chlorine from tap water. I also use their shower filter. http://www.amazon.com/Vitabath-Vita-c-bath-Effervescent-Vitamin-Dechlorination/dp/B005OCXQLE/ref=pd_sim_hi_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=06FA9V6XN7KEACEYMHMV
- Sea Salt Baths: Pour Sea Salt by Real Salt or similar type in bath and relax. Enjoy it’s natural healing properties.
- Vitamin C + Biofizz by Designs for Health ($29): Take 1 teaspoon in 8 ounces of water. Drink repeatedly throughout the day. Keep yourself hydrated with this or water. http://www.amazon.com/Designs-Health-BioFizz-Powder-180g/dp/B000FH11JC
- Ginger tea: Ginger Root is a powerful natural remedy. Cut 4 inches of ginger root into 1-inch pieces. Place in saucepan with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer until water turns yellow. Sweeten with raw honey. Add raw milk (optional).
- Have a tea of apple cider vinegar, honey, and lemon. Check out a good recipe here: http://somecallitnatural.com/2013/01/cough-and-bronchial-concoction-remedy-oregano-oil-mullein-valerian/
- Eat as healthy as possible, so that your digestive system can help your immune system get you better. Reduce the amount of sugar you consume, since it suppresses the immune system.
- Have some cinnamon with raw honey: 1 teaspoonful. Not only is it a tasty treat, but these ingredients are natural antibiotics.
- Try Bee Propolis for a more potent version of raw honey.
- Cod Liver Oil by Carlson ($32): Natural Vitamin D helps fight viruses and infections. http://www.amazon.com/Carlson-Norwegian-Cod-Liver-Lemon/dp/B003B3P4PO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415749919&sr=1-1&keywords=cod+liver+oil+carlson
- Sleep as much as possible. Rest helps your body recover. This seems the most intuitive, but don’t underestimate its powerful effect.
- Take a hot and steamy shower – let the hot water hit your forehead. I do this as soon as I wake up and at bedtime to clear my nasal passages. This is great to dry a runny nose, and reduce nasal congestion and sinus pressure. While you shower, try blowing your nose gently and slowly. One nostril at a time (cover the other one).
- Colloidal Silver Nasal Spray (12): Helps relieve nasal congestion. http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Wellness-Colloidal-Silver/dp/B0014H3BPE/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415748274&sr=1-2&keywords=Colloidal+Silver+Nasal+Spray More info on its benefits here: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientreview-779-COLLOIDAL+SILVER.aspx?drugid=779&drugname=COLLOIDAL+SILVER
- Elderberry Syrup by Gaia ($20): Great for boosting immune function and relieving cough. http://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Herbs-Elderberry-Health-Beauty/dp/B001TLH5CU/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415748403&sr=1-1&keywords=gaia+elderberry+syrup
- Elderberry spray ($10): Great for sore throats. http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Answer-Sambucus-nigra-Extract/dp/B00DKER4G6/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415748470&sr=1-3-fkmr1&keywords=gaia+elderberry+spray
- Salt water gargles: Put a teaspoon of sea salt by Real Salt in warm water and gargle to reduce inflammation of the throat.
- Calcium Lactate by Standard Process ($6-10) helps activate white blood cells and reduce fever. http://shop.vitadocs.com/calcium-supplements/standard-process-calcium-lactate-90-tablets-detail
- Garlic socks: This is my friend Carey’s recipe: 2 Tbsp coconut oil, 7 drops of tea tree oil, 7 drops of lavender oil, 7 drops of thieves oil, 3 garlic cloves minced into a paste. I’ve used oil of oregano instead of thieves and it works great too. Before bedtime, put the paste on your feet, then socks.
Hope this list helps you get better now or in the future!